Aston Villa vs Stoke City is a confrontation that will take place at 6:00 pm on October 1. This is a match in the ⅛ Round of the EFL Cup – British League Cup. Aston Villa vs Stoke City prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the standard team for yourself.
- Match date: 6:00 pm on Thursday 1st October 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Location: Villa Park
ASTON VILLA VS STOKE CITY PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- In the match of 1/32 of the British League Cup, despite having to march away, Aston Villa showed its strength by winning 3-1. That performance continued to be maintained by the home team of Villa Park in the last 1/16, the students of coach Dean Smith did not give Bristol City any chance when they beat their opponents 3-0.
- Meeting the lower-ranked team Blackpool at home in the round of 1/64, Stoke City had a relatively light victory with a score of 1-0. They then created a shock when they beat Wolverhampton away from home in the 1/32 match, coach Michael O’Niell’s team then continued to defeat another underdog Gillingham to fill in their names in the next match.
Last season, Stoke City reached the 1/16 round and had to stop before Crawley, so coming to the 1/8 match this time was an unexpected success for them. Meanwhile, although never been appreciated in every tournament that we attended, Aston Villa was the defending runner-up last season when only losing to Manchester City in the final match.
ASTON VILLA VS STOKE CITY PREDICTION TIPS:
- Aston Villa owns an impressive streak at home with 4 consecutive wins, quite surprising when among their defeats are very strong names like Manchester United or Arsenal. On the other side of the field, Stoke City is also doing very well with a series of 7 unbeaten matches on the away field, but the reason why it is not appreciated is the difference in the league rankings they attend.
- Aston Villa vs Stoke City prediction: Aston Villa -1/2
- In the last 3 matches, Aston Villa has 7 goals and only 1 time to get into the net to pick up the ball. Meanwhile, the strikers on the Stoke City side did not show too much when they only scored 3 goals in 5 matches, including up to 2 games. With those performances, Under will be a reliable choice for players.
- Select: Under 2.3/4
Aston Villa vs Stoke City prediction:
- Aston Villa vs Stoke City: 2 – 0 (H1: 1 – 0)
- What is quite surprising is that Stoke City is doing better in the last 10 encounters between the two teams, coach Michael O’Niell’s team won 5, drew 3 and lost 2. However, with the impression that the home team of Villa Park has shown since the beginning of the season, Aston Villa can completely improve the head-to-head performance in the upcoming match.
- Select: Aston Villa FT
- Aston Villa: Steer, Hause, Elmohamady, Taylor, Guilbert, Ramsey, Lansbury, Nakamba, Traore, El Ghazi, Watkins.
- Stoke City: Davies, Fox, Chester, Souttar, Oni Mikel, McClean, Smith, Clucas, Gregory, Oakley-Boothe, Fletcher.