Barnsley vs Watford prediction – Maintaining a fairly solid performance in the past period, Watford continued to maintain the 3rd place on the Championship rankings this year. With the goal of returning to the Premier League after the season closes, Watford understands that they need to win more points, especially not being allowed to miss the chance to bring 3 points against Barnsley in the upcoming round.
- Match date: 3:00 pm on Saturday 31st October 2020
- Event: Championship
- Stage: Matchday 9th
- Location: Oakwell Ground
- 10/28/2020 – Barnsley 3 – 0 QPR (H1: 2 – 0)
- 10/24/2020 – Millwall 1 – 1 Barnsley (H1: 1 – 1)
- 10/22/2020 – Stoke City 2 – 2 Barnsley (H1: 1 – 2)
- 10/28/2020 – Wycombe Wanderers 1 – 1 Watford (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/24/2020 – Watford 1 – 1 Bournemouth AFC (H1: 1 – 0)
- 10/21/2020 – Watford 3 – 1 Blackburn Rovers (H1: 2 – 1)
- 03/15/2014 – Watford 3 – 0 Barnsley (H1: 2 – 0)
- 09/21/2014 – Barnsley 1 – 5 Watford (H1: 1 – 3)
- 03/16/2013 – Barnsley 1 – 0 Watford (H1: 1 – 0)
STANDING / CHAMPIONSHIP
BARNSLEY VS WATFORD PREDICTION & TIPS
- After many unconvincing performances as well as failing to win any match after the first 7 matches with 4 draws and 3 losses, Barnsley won in the previous round at Queens Park Rangers with the score 3-0. In addition, it can be seen the progress every day of this team when all three consecutive matches before they have not lost, worth mentioning that all three opponents are appreciated, which is Bristol City, Stoke City and Millwall, they are both ranked teams in the ranking again at the moment. Barnsley also has a good home record when the last 9 games lost only 1, drew 4 and won 4.
- Watford missed the opportunity to close the gap with the leading team Reading when they had only draw results in the last two consecutive matches, the worst one was a draw against rookie Wycombe Wanderers. Currently, they are getting 15 points after 4 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss, in which the defense is the strong point when only receiving 4 goals.
- This season, coach Vladirmi Milos Ivic and his students played a total of 6 away matches with 3 matches in this arena and 3 matches in the League Cup, resulting in 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses, in which both wins are against weak opponents Derby County and the team playing in the League is Oxford United.
Looking at the current performance, it can be seen that Watford is a team with better strength when they have 8 points more than this opponent after just 8 rounds. However, Barnsley’s recent form has been improving, while the visitors are showing signs of decline compared to the beginning of the season. With the home fulcrum and the excitement after the 3-0 victory in the last game against Queens Park Rangers, Barnsley will help Barnsley to believe much more in this confrontation even though they are underestimated. So, the Barnsley vs Watford prediction thinks that the home team can completely surprise with a victory.
Barnsley vs Watford prediction: Barnsley 2 – 1 Watford (H1: 1 – 0)
- Barnsley: Jack Walton, Jordan Williams, Michael Sollbauer, Cauley Woodrow, Michal Helik, Callum Brittain, Matthew James, Mads Juel Andersen, Elliot Simoes, Alex Mowatt, Dominik Frieser
- Watford: Ben Foster, William Troost-Ekong, Christian Kabasele, Craig Cathcart, Ken Sema, Nathaniel Chalobah, James Garner, Tom Cleverley, Stipe Perica, Jeremy Ngakia, Ismaila Sarr