Birmingham vs Sheff Wed prediction – Birmingham welcomes Sheff Wed in the 5th round in the context of both having 3 games unable to win. The fans have reason to worry when the recent performance of the two teams has been rather erratic. Rated very balanced, the ability of them to accept dividing points is not low.
- Match date: 2:00 pm on Saturday 17th October 2020
- Event: Championship
- Stage: Matchday 5th
- Location: St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium
- 10/04/2020 – Stoke City 1 – 1 Birmingham City (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/26/2020 – Birmingham City 1 – 1 Rotherham United (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/19/2020 – Swansea City 0 – 0 Birmingham City (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/03/2020 – Sheffield Wednesday 1 – 1 Queens Park Rangers (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/27/2020 – Bristol City 2 – 0 Sheffield Wednesday (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/24/2020 – Fulham 2 – 0 Sheffield Wednesday (H1: 2 – 0)
- 02/22/2020 – Birmingham City 3 – 3 Sheffield Wednesday (H1: 2 – 2)
- 11/28/2019 – Sheffield Wednesday 1 – 1 Birmingham City (H1: 0 – 0)
- 01/01/2019 – Sheffield Wednesday 1 – 1 Birmingham City (H1: 1 – 0)
STANDING / CHAMPIONSHIP
BIRMINGHAM VS SHEFF WED PREDICTION & TIPS
- Birmingham City is one of the 5 teams that have not yet received any defeat after the last 4 matches, but with a draw of up to 3 matches, they do not have good results at this time. However, their opponents are most appreciated, in which they won Brentford at home, then drew Swansea on the away field.
- In the League Cup arena, the home team of St. Andrews was eliminated in the first round after losing to a representative playing in League Two Cambridge United with a score of 0-1 at home. One of the weaknesses of this team is that the attacking line is not really effective when after 5 matches they only have 3 goals.
- After an impressive start with a 2-0 victory on the field of a very strong opponent, Cardiff City in the first game, in three consecutive matches after that, Sheffield Wednesday did not have any more victories. Even worse, they have just been eliminated from the League Cup when they lost to Fulham 0-2 in the third round, two rounds before they overcame Walsall and Rochdale.
- So in general, the performance from the beginning of the season until now, coach Garry Monk and his students are quite bad when they only won 2, drew 3 and lost 2 out of 7 matches on all fronts, in which all lost the last 2 away matches without scoring a single goal.
This is a match that is said to not have much difference in performance as well as strength, even they have been unbeaten in all 3 recent meetings. In addition, the performance of these two teams last season was not too different when after 46 matches, their gap was only 6 points, of which Sheffield Wednesday was the team with a better performance. Moreover, their head-to-head record in their last 10 meetings is also quite balanced when Sheffield Wednesday has won 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses.
Therefore, the Birmingham vs Sheff Wed prediction finds that the possibility of two teams dividing points in this match is very high.
Birmingham vs Sheff Wed prediction: Birmingham 1 – 1 Sheff Wed (H1: 0 – 0)
- Birmingham: Neil Etheridge, Harlee Dean, George Friend, Maxime Colin, Kristian Pedersen, Adam Clayton, Ivan Sanchez Aguayo, Ivan Sunjic, Jeremie Bela, Jon Toral, Lucas Jutkiewicz
- Sheff Wed: Cameron Dawson, Tom Lees, Liam Shaw, Joost van Aken, Adam Reach, Massimo Luongo, Kadeem Harris, Barry Bannan, Callum Paterson, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Josh Windass