Burnley vs Sheffield United is a confrontation that will take place at 4:30 pm on September 17. This is a match in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup. Burnley vs Sheffield United prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the best odds for yourself.
- Match date: 4:30 pm on Thursday 17th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 2nd Round
- Location: Turf Moor
BURNLEY VS SHEFFIELD UNITED PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Burnley did not perform well in the early part of last season, so they had to stop at the round of 1/32 of the League Cup soon, even though the opponent was just 1 Sunderland playing in the lower division. Although they were not too successful in the preparation phase when they only got a 0-0 draw against weaker opponent Preston North End on away field, the determination that coach Sean Dyche and his students put in this match is very great.
- Being in the 1/16 round of the League Cup last season showed Sheffield United somewhat better in terms of achievement, but then they also suffered the same fate when being defeated by Sunderland 1-0 despite playing at Bramall Lane. The army of coach Chris Wilder will try their best to go deep in this year’s tournament.
Looking back at their Premier League performances last season, Sheffield United had a very good start and had once reached the top five of the tournament, but the decline at the end of the season left them finishing ninth with 54 points after 38 rounds. Burnley is the complete opposite, the efforts in the second leg helped the Turf Moor Stadium home team reach the 10th final with the same 54 points as the opponent.
BURNLEY VS SHEFFIELD UNITED PREDICTION TIPS:
- With the above performance, the contract offered is perfectly reasonable, but Burnley’s advantage is very clear when they play at Turf Moor home ground. Meanwhile, Sheffield United often shows an unstable face on the away field, only winning 1 victory in the last 8 marches is proof of that.
- Burnley vs Sheffield United prediction: Burnley equal goal
- The match is in the knockout format so there is only 1 chance for 2 teams to fill their names in the round, the certainty of their gameplay will be their top priority in this match. Not to mention, the attack of both Burnley and Sheffield United is not appreciated, so Under will be the right choice.
- Select: Under 2.1/2
Burnley vs Sheffield United prediction:
- Burnley vs Sheffield United: 1 – 0 (H1: 0 – 0)
- The sublimation in the second leg is helping Burnley gain more confidence, in addition, they are a little bit better in their head-to-head record when they win 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses in 10 previous encounters. So, in front of an effective away opponent like Sheffield United, Burnley is the option for players to choose.
- Select: Burnley FT
- Burnley: Pope, Tarkowski, Long, Pieters, Bardsley, Westwood, Brownhill, McNiel, Wood, Gudmundsson, Rodriguez.
- Sheffield United: Moore, Robinson, Basham, Egan, Stevens, Fleck, Lundstram, Berge, McBurnie, Baldock, Sharp.