Burnley vs Southampton is a confrontation that will take place at 7:00 pm on September 26. This is a match in the 3rd round of the Premier League. Burnley vs Southampton prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the standard winner for yourself.
- Match date: 7:00 pm on Saturday 26th September 2020
- Event: Premier League
- Stage: Matchday 3rd
- Location: Turf Moor
STANDING / PREMIER LEAGUE
BURNLEY VS SOUTHAMPTON PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Having to march to King Power Stadium in the opening game of the new season, Burnley, despite his efforts and creating a position that is not too low, but the large gap in terms of qualifications has caused them to lose with a score of 2-4. This result of coach Sane Dyche and his students has been somewhat predicted by many people before the match took place.
- Southampton’s performance in the first two matches was very bad, they showed a 0-1 shirt against Crystal Palace during their trip as a guest in the opening match. The army of coach Ralph Hasenhuttl welcomed Tottenham in the second round match, although the performance was not so bad in the first half, The Saints could not stand in the second half and received a destructive defeat 2-5.
Although can not do well in the Premier League, but Burnley can still comfort with a League Cup victory over Sheffield United. On the other side of the front line, Southampton even showed a disappointing face after receiving a 0-2 defeat against the team playing in the first division, Brentford in the round of 1/32 League cup.
BURNLEY VS SOUTHAMPTON PREDICTION TIPS:
- The surprising thing is that Southampton has a weak performance but is more appreciated in this match, which is reflected in the ¼ goal handicap they hold. However, Burnley is a team that shows stability at home, as evidenced by the fact that they only failed 1/8 of the last reception. Therefore, the home team will definitely be the safe choice in this match.
- Burnley vs Southampton prediction: Burnley +1/4
- Confronting Leicester City is overwhelming, but having 2 goals is still a commendable achievement for the strikers on the Burnley side. On the other side, 2 goals after 2 matches showed that the strikers on the Southampton side played not bad, but the defense conceding 7 goals is likely to make the visitors lose in the upcoming match.
- Select: Over 2.1/4
Burnley vs Southampton prediction:
- Burnley vs Southampton: 2 – 1 (H1: 1 – 0)
- In the last 7 encounters between the two teams, Burnley is overwhelmingly unbeaten with a record of 4 wins and 3 draws. The Turf Moor Stadium team also won in the first and second matches last season, so there’s no reason to stop them from finding their first win this season.
- Select: Burnley FT
- Burnley: Nick Pope, Kevin Long, Jimmy Dunne, Phil Bardsley, Charlie Taylor, Ashley Westwood, Josh Brownhill, Robbie Brady, Jay Rodriguez, Dwight Mcneil, Chris Wood.
- Southampton: Alex McCarthy, Jan Bednarek, Jack Stephens, Ryan Bertrand, Kyle Walker-Peters, Oriol Romeu Vidal, James Ward Prowse, Moussa Djenepo, Danny Ings, Stuart Armstrong, Che Adams.