Cardiff City vs Barnsley prediction – Balance is what experts assess about the match between Cardiff City and Barnsley in the first round of the 10th round of Championship, especially when the two teams are having a direct comparison on the rankings. 3 points will mean great both in terms of achievement and spirit at this point.
- Match date: 7:45 pm on Tuesday 3rd November 2020
- Event: Championship
- Stage: Matchday 10th
- Location: Cardiff City Stadium
- 10/31/2020 – Queens Park Rangers 3 – 2 Cardiff City (H1: 2 – 0)
- 10/29/2020 – Derby County 1 – 1 Cardiff City (H1: 1 – 0)
- 10/24/2020 – Cardiff City 1 – 1 Middlesbrough (H1: 0 – 1)
- 10/31/2020 – Barnsley 1 – 0 Watford (H1: 1 – 0)
- 10/28/2020 – Barnsley 3 – 0 Queens Park Rangers (H1: 2 – 0)
- 10/24/2020 – Millwall 1 – 1 Barnsley (H1: 1 – 1)
- 03/07/2020 – Barnsley 0 – 2 Cardiff City (H1: 0 – 0)
- 12/07/2019 – Cardiff City 3 – 2 Barnsley (H1: 1 – 1)
- 03/07/2018 – Cardiff City 2 – 1 Barnsley (H1: 1 – 0)
STANDING / CHAMPIONSHIP
CARDIFF CITY VS BARNSLEY PREDICTION & TIPS
- Cardiff City had a very good record in the season before being in the top 4 teams competing for the promotion playoff with 73 points after 46 matches. However, they are disappointing this season with their rather poor performance, namely, currently only having only 10 points after 2 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses.
- The recent performance of this team has not improved when the last 4 matches have not won, even lost 2-3 in a trip to Queens Park Rangers’ field. In addition, this season they have not won any home match when they only draw 2 and lose 2.
- In stark contrast to the opponent, Barnsley has a brilliant performance with being unbeaten in the last 5 consecutive matches, in which they won the last 2 matches. It is worth mentioning that their recent opponents are most appreciated, the most recent one is beating Watford, the team has just been relegated from the Premier League and is having 15 points after 9 matches.
- The weakness of the Oakwell team is that the defense is playing ineffective when conceding 10 goals after 9 games, although the attacker has also completed quite well with 10 goals. However, that weakness has been overcome when the last 2 games have kept a clean sheet.
The only belief of Cardiff City in this confrontation is that they have a completely superior confrontation record compared to their opponents when they have won all four of their last encounters. However, looking at the recent performances of the two teams, it is easy to see that the away team is the dominant team. If in the previous round, Cardiff City lost to Queens Park Rangers, then 1 match ago, Barnsley had a jubilant victory over this opponent with a 3-goal difference.
With these advantages, the Cardiff City vs Barnsley prediction believes that the Oakwell home team will continue to maintain its performance and spend 3 points on this trip.
Cardiff City vs Barnsley prediction: Cardiff City 1 – 2 Barnsley (H1: 0 – 1)
- Cardiff City: Alex Smithies, Curtis Nelson, Sean Morrison, Joel Bagan, Jordi Osei-Tutu, Joe Ralls, Josh Murphy, Will Vaulks, Sheyi Ojo, Harry Wilson, Kieffer Moore
- Barnsley: Jack Walton, Michal Helik, Michael Sollbauer, Mads Juel Andersen, Clarke Oduor, Callum Styles, Callum Brittain, Alex Mowatt, Conor Chaplin, Dominik Frieser, Cauley Woodrow