Crystal Palace vs Southampton is a confrontation that will take place at 2:00 pm on September 12. This is a match in the first round of the Premier League. Crystal Palace vs Southampton prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the best for yourself.
- Match date: 2:00 pm on Saturday 12th September 2020
- Event: Premier League
- Stage: Matchday 1st
- Location: Selhurst Park
STANDING / PREMIER LEAGUE
CRYSTAL PALACE VS SOUTHAMPTON PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Crystal Palace did not perform badly in more than half of last season, which helped them soon get a relegation ticket to 10 rounds. Therefore, Coach Roy Hodgson’s army became distracted in the remaining rounds, as a result, they dropped without braking and only finished in 14th place.
- In the last season, there was a time when Southampton was close to the relegation group with a series of pretty bad results. However, the performances in the last 7 rounds of coach Ralph Hasenhuttl and his students were very positive when they got an unbeaten record so that The Saints finished 15th with 52 points in 38 rounds.
Southampton did not have any significant preparations for the new season without attending any friendly matches, which would make the players lose their feeling of ball and difficult to regain their best form. So, Crystal Palace with 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 friendlies will surely hold more advantages in this confrontation.
CRYSTAL PALACE VS SOUTHAMPTON PREDICTION TIPS:
- Southampton holds a record of 5 consecutive unbeaten matches on away field, but those matches took place since the end of last season so they are not really appreciated. On the other side, Crystal Palace won 2 and drew 1 of 3 welcomes in a series of friendly matches at the beginning of the season, along with a contract of football, Crystal Palace is a reasonable choice.
- Crystal Palace vs Southampton prediction: Crystal Palace equal goal.
- 4 encounters with each other in the last 2 matches last season between the two teams never had more than 2 goals in 1 match, which proves that the attack of the two teams lacks sharpness and is not appreciated. Crystal Palace and Southampton are also very difficult to perform a fiery double performance in this opening match, so Under will be right.
- Select: Under 2.1/4
Crystal Palace vs Southampton prediction:
- Crystal Palace vs Southampton: 1 – 0
- Southampton is somewhat advantageous in the last 5 encounters, they have 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat to Crystal Palace. But the home team Selhurst Park has just had a successful friendly season, so they will certainly be the team that holds more winning facilities in this matchup.
- Select: Crystal Palace FT
- Crystal Palace: Vicente Guaita, Scott Dann, Cheikhou Kouyate, Tyrick Mitchell, Joel Ward, James McArthur, Jeffrey Schlupp, James McCarthy, Joedan Ayew, Andos Townsend, Wilfried Zaha.
- Southampton: Alex McCarthy, Janick Vestergaard, Jack Stephens, Ryan Bertrand, Kyle Walker-Peters, Oriol Romeu Vidal, James Ward Prowse, Nathan Redmond, Danny Ings, Stuart Armstrong, Che Adams.