The match review to the football Derry City vs Cork City prediction in Premier Division about the competing teams’ current performances and their current matches, the detailed stats of the qualities, upcoming match H2H matches, goal stats, table standings ranking, and possible match results. The Derry City vs Cork City prediction should all be considered to put down an effective wager on this match.
- Match date: 4:45 pm on Friday 21st August 2020
- Event: Premier Division
- Stage: Matchday 9th
- Location: Brandywell Stadium
HEAD TO HEAD
STANDING / PREMIER DIVISION
DERRY CITY VS CORK CITY PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Last season, Derry City was only 3 points away from the Europa League qualifying round when she got 57 points after 15 wins, 12 draws and 9 losses, an achievement that is arguably quite good for this team. But in this year’s tournament, they are disappointed when they only got 8 points after 2 wins, 2 draws and lost 4 matches, even the last 5 matches they lost 3, drew 1 and only win St. Patrick’s.
- Thus, since the tournament returned after being postponed due to the global epidemic, coach Kenny Shiels and his students have gone through 4 rounds and only got 4 points, of which the worse is that they all lost at 2 home matches.
- Cork City is not in bad form when they are unbeaten in the last 3 consecutive matches, in which they take 4 points after 1 win and 1 draw in the last 2 rounds, the other they overcame Longford Town in a match. In the FAI Cup match, it is worth mentioning that the goal came after they received a red card in the 77th minute.
- In the previous round, the Turners Cross home team had a jubilant 3-1 victory over SligoRovers, the team in high form when they won 2 consecutive rounds before, it is worth mentioning that there is a 2-0 victory at Derry City’s own field. Cork City’s away record is very bad when the last 9 official matches they have not won once, in which they lost 8.
DERRY CITY VS CORK CITY PREDICTION TIPS:
- Although not in good form, in front of an opponent that is said to be very favorite when Derry City won the last 3 meetings with a difference of 2 goals or more, the closest one is a victory 4-0 at home will also help them become more confident. In addition, if counted further, Derry City’s home performance is not bad when they have won 4, drew 1 and lost only 2 in the last 7 matches. Therefore, the ability of the couple to win is quite feasible.
- Derry City vs Cork City prediction: Derry City -1
- Since the tournament returned after the pandemic, Derry City has gone through 4 rounds and scored only 4 goals, while the defense of Cork City is having efficiency when all of the last 3 matches they have kept a clean sheet, but the attack is pretty bad when it fuses in 3/4 matches recently.
- In addition, statistics also show that, in the last 4 clashes between these two teams, Cork City only had 1 goal, which was a 1-4 match in the first leg of last season at home. So, choosing Under is more grounded.
- Select: Under 2.1/4
Derry City vs Cork City prediction:
- Derry City vs Cork City: 2 – 1 (H1: 1 – 0)
- Also with a roster that hasn’t changed much of the two teams but last season Derry City won this opponent 4-1 away in the first leg and 4-0 in the return home leg, that is. More or less shows that this is a very charming opponent with the home team and also shows that the level of the two teams is not a small difference. Also last season, Cork City was 20 points behind this opponent after 36 matches. So, the above bet will be a wise decision.
- Select: Derry City to win FT
- Derry City: Cherrie, Toal, Gilchrist, Horgan, Coll, MaCormack, Malone, Bruna, Figueira, Thomson, Akintunde
- Cork City: McNulty, Bennett, Olowu, O’Connor, Kargbo, Ochieng, Slevin, Coleman, Dalling, Elliott, Fenwick