Freiburg vs Wolfsburg prediction about the match between Freiburg vs Wolfsburg in the 2nd round of Bundesliga – German National Championship, which took place at 4:00 pm on September 27, 2020.
- Match date: 4:00 pm on Saturday 26th September 2020
- Event: Bundesliga
- Stage: Matchday 2nd
- Location: Schwarzwald-Stadion
STANDING / BUNDESLIGA
FREIBURG VS WOLFSBURG PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Freiburg is getting off to a pretty good start this season, first by winning against a second-tier team in the national cup match, then beating rookie Stuttgart with a score of 3-2 right on the away field from the opening match in the Bundesliga this season. Remember that the last opponent, although only a newly promoted team, is highly appreciated for its ability, which has won 4 consecutive matches before.
- One of Freiburg’s strengths in recent times is when playing at home when they have won all four consecutive matches recently, in which he defeated even a very strong opponent, Monchengladbach, the team in the top 4 seasons ago.
- Wolfsburg is also not inferior to this opponent when they were also unbeaten in 6 recent consecutive matches with 5 wins and 1 draw, in which the only draw is also the draw in this season’s opening match in the Bundesliga arena. This is not a bad achievement of coach Oliver Glasner and his students when the opponent they have recently held is Bayer Leverkusen, the team is also highly appreciated for their strength.
- Wolfsburg’s last season’s performance was not too bad as they had taken 49 points after 13 wins, 10 draws and 11 losses, of which the away record was much better when taking 30 points after 17 games, in that they won 4/5 away matches at the end of the season.
FREIBURG VS WOLFSBURG PREDICTION TIPS:
- These are two teams that have not much difference in strength and their achievements last season were only 1 point behind each other after 38 rounds. In addition, in the last 3 encounters, Wolfsburg failed to win against this opponent when they drew 2 and lost 1, of which the closest was a 2-2 draw at home. So, with home advantage as well as having a pretty good start, Freiburg can definitely get good results against this opponent.
- Freiburg vs Wolfsburg prediction: Freiburg +1/4
- In the last 4 consecutive home matches, Freiburg all opened fire, in which the last 2 games scored 4 goals per game and only against Monchengladbach scored 1 goal. While these are two teams that are not appreciated in defense, the evidence is that last season they received 46 and 47 goals respectively after 38 rounds. In addition, 3/4 of the recent meetings of the two teams ended with 4 or more goals. Therefore, choosing Over is the right decision.
- Select: Over 2.1/2
Freiburg vs Wolfsburg prediction:
- Freiburg vs Wolfsburg: 2 – 2 (H1: 1 – 1)
- With a very good home record recently, Freiburg has won in all 4 of their last home matches and they are currently in very good shape as they have won 5 matches on all fronts. Meanwhile, it can be seen that Wolfsburg’s performance is also not stable in recent matches and they have lost the match in the last 2/4 matches. Moreover, having only 1 point is also a pressure that the visitors are bringing on this trip. Therefore, choosing the underdog will be more basic.
- Select: Draw FT
- Freiburg: Florian Muller, Philipp Lienhart, Dominique Heintz, Jonathan Schmid, Christian Gunter, Roland Sallai, Woo-Yeong Jeong, Nicolas Hofler, Vincenzo Grifo, Lucas Holer, Nils Petersen
- Wolfsburg: Koen Casteels, John Anthony Brooks, Maxence Lacroix, Jerome Roussillon, Renato Steffen, Xaver Schlager, Josip Brekalo, Maximilian Arnold, Joao Victor Sa Santos, Admir Mehmedi, Wout Weghorst