Lille vs Olympique Lyonnais prediction – Lille is very determined to win this match in order to continue to follow PSG on the rankings. With Lyon, they are also trying very hard to close the gap with the top group of the rankings.
- Match date: 8:00 pm on Sunday 1st November 2020
- Event: Ligue 1
- Stage: Matchday 9th
- Location: Stade Pierre Mauroy
- 10/25/2020 – Nice 1 – 1 Lille (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/23/2020 – Sparta Praha 1 – 4 Lille (H1: 0 – 1)
- 10/19/2020 – Lille 4 – 0 Lens (H1: 1 – 0)
- 10/26/2020 – Olympique Lyonnais 4 – 1 Monaco (H1: 4 – 0)
- 10/18/2020 – Strasbourg 2 – 3 Olympique Lyonnais (H1: 1 – 3)
- 10/05/2020 – Olympique Lyonnais 1 – 1 Marseille (H1: 1 – 1)
- 03/09/2020 – Lille 1 – 2 Olympique Lyonnais (H1: 1 – 0)
- 01/22/2019 – Olympique Lyonnais 0 – 0 Lille (H1: 1 – 1)
- 12/04/2019 – Olympique Lyonnais 2 – 1 Lille (H1: 0 – 0)
STANDING / LIGUE 1
LILLE VS OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS PREDICTION & TIPS
- With an unfortunate 1-1 draw against Nice in the previous game, Lille lost the lead of the ranking to Paris Saint Germain and they currently have the same 18 points with this opponent but are poor at only sub number. This season, coach Galtier and his students are still unbeaten in all competitions with 6 wins and 4 draws, including 8 matches in Ligue 1 and 2 matches in the Europa League group stage.
- Currently, in the Europa League group stage, Lille players are having a good record with 4 points after 2 matches, which beat Sparta Praha with a jubilant 4-1 score in the Czech Republic and most recently drawing Scotland’s top team Celtic with the score 2-2.
- After 5 consecutive matches without knowing the smell of victory when only drawing 4 and losing 1, in the last 2 matches, Olympique Lyonnais has spent all 3 points through each match, but those opponents are not evaluated. Too high at the moment, it is Strasbourg, the new team has 6 points after 8 games, the recent victory is against AS Monaco, the team that has 3 consecutive rounds has not won.
- The team’s recent away record with the nickname Rohn River Lion is also not good when the last 5 games they only won 1, drew 2 and lost 2, in which it was worse than being held by new rookie Lorient draw with a score of 1-1, that team also got 7 points after 8 matches.
From 2017 until now, Olympique Lyonnais has not once defeated this opponent in a total of 8 encounters, namely they drew 4 and lost 4, the most recent of which was a 0-1 defeat last season. Currently, the advantage belongs entirely to Lille players who have home advantage and have a better record than their opponents with 5 more points after 8 matches. Plus the determination to spend all 3 points to compete for the leading position with Paris Saint Germain helps the home team to play harder.
Therefore, the Lille vs Olympique Lyonnais prediction found that this will be an easy trip for Olympique Lyonnais and the possibility of empty-handed is very high.
Lille vs Olympique Lyonnais prediction: Lille 2 – 1 Olympique Lyonnais (H1: 1 – 1)
- Lille: Mike Maignan, Jose Miguel da Rocha Fonte, Sven Botman, Zeki Celik, Domagoj Bradaric, Benjamin Andre, Renato Junior Luz Sanches, Luiz De Araujo Guimaraes Neto, Nanitamo Jonathan Ikone, Jonathan Bamba, Burak Yilmaz
- Olympique Lyonnais: Anthony Lopes, Sinaly Diomande, Marcelo Antonio Guedes Filho, Gnaly Maxwell Cornet, Leo Dubois, Thiago Henrique Mendes Ribeiro, Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima, Karl Toko Ekambi, Houssem Aouar, Tino Kadewere, Memphis Depay