Metz vs Saint Etienne prediction – Saint Etienne is not in really good form last time with consecutive failures. In the 8th round of Ligue 1, they will have a trip to Metz’s field. Against an underrated opponent, this is a great opportunity for Saint Etienne to get points to improve rankings.
- Match date: 2:00 pm on Sunday 25th October 2020
- Event: Ligue 1
- Stage: Matchday 8th
- Location: Stade Saint Symphorien
- 10/18/2020 – Angers 1 – 1 Metz (H1: 1 – 1)
- 10/04/2020 – Metz 3 – 1 Lorient (H1: 1 – 1)
- 09/27/2020 – Marseille 1 – 1 Metz (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/18/2020 – Saint Etienne 1 – 3 Nice (H1: 0 – 2)
- 10/03/2020 – Lens 2 – 0 Saint Etienne (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/26/2020 – Saint Etienne 0 – 3 Rennes (H1: 0 – 1)
- 02/02/2020 – Metz 3 – 0 Saint Etienne (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/26/2019 – Saint Etienne 0 – 1 Metz (H1: 0 – 1)
- 01/18/2018 – Metz 3 – 0 Saint Etienne (H1: 2 – 0)
STANDING / LIGUE 1
METZ VS SAINT ETIENNE PREDICTION & TIPS
- After a bad start in the first rounds and specifically losing all 3 matches in a row at the beginning of the season, at the later stage, Metz players are making impressive progress and they are improving their achievements very well. The evidence is that in the first 3 matches, they all lost, of which only the loss in the third match is the most impressive when they only lost 0-1 to defending champions Paris Saint Germain with the minimum difference 0-1.
- And also from the defeat at the Park of the Princes until now, coach Vincent Hognon’s army has been unbeaten in 4 consecutive matches after that with 2 wins and 2 draws, including winning both Stade Reims and draw with Marseille.
- In contrast to the opponents in this match, the Saint Etienne players used to have a good performance at the beginning of the season when they won all the first 3 matches, of which the most impressive was the victory with the score 2-0 in Marseille’s field, the team got second place last season after the tournament was halted due to the global epidemic.
- However, that is all they have so far when the next 4 matches they were disappointed when they only got 1 more point after the draw against Nantes then lost all the last 3 matches. Even worse, all the last 3 defeats are weak failures when they all fail with more than 1 goal gap.
In addition to being at home, it is easy to see that the recent performance and achievements of Metz plyers are much better than this opponent. If Metz is winning 5, drawing 1 and only losing 1 in the last 7 home matches, Saint Etienne has a very poor away record when only winning 1, drawing 1 and losing 7 out of the 9 nearest away match. Also, keep in mind that all 3 recent victories belong to Metz, including 2 separate victories at home.
With those statistics, the Metz vs Saint Etienne prediction believes that a victory will belong to the home team in this confrontation.
Metz vs Saint Etienne prediction: Metz 2 – 1 Saint Etienne (H1: 0 – 1)
- Metz: Alexandre Oukidja, Dylan Bronn, John Boye, Fabien Centonze, Matthieu Udol, Victorien Angban, Mamadou Lamine Gueye, Vincent Pajot, Warren Tchimbembe, Farid Boulaya, Opa Nguette
- Saint Etienne: Jessy Moulin, Harold Moukoudi, Saidou Sow, Panagiotis Retsos, Kevin Monnet-Paquet, Adil Aouchiche, Mahdi Camara, Zaydou Youssouf, Romain Hamouma, Alpha Sissoko, J.Krasso