Middlesbrough vs Reading prediction – After 4 rounds Middlesbrough can get their first victory over Barnsley. In the 5th match, they must welcome Reading, the team is now in the second place of the table. Not highly rated on the attack and the practicality of the visitors’ play, it is difficult to expect a match with many goals.
- Match date: 2:00 pm on Saturday 17th October 2020
- Event: Championship
- Stage: Matchday 5th
- Location: Riverside
- 10/03/2020 – Middlesbrough 2 – 1 Barnsley (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/26/2020 – Queens Park Rangers 1 – 1 Middlesbrough (H1: 1 – 1)
- 09/19/2020 – Middlesbrough 1 – 1 Bournemouth AFC (H1: 0 – 1)
- 10/03/2020 – Reading 1 – 0 Watford (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/26/2020 – Cardiff City 1 – 2 Reading (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/19/2020 – Reading 2 – 0 Barnsley (H1: 0 – 0)
- 07/15/2020 – Reading 1 – 2 Middlesbrough (H1: 1 – 1)
- 09/14/2019 – Middlesbrough 1 – 0 Reading (H1: 0 – 0)
- 04/27/2019 – Middlesbrough 2 – 1 Reading (H1: 2 – 1)
STANDING / CHAMPIONSHIP
MIDDLESBROUGH VS READING PREDICTION & TIPS
- Middlesbrough is having a lot of trouble this season when they currently have only 5 points after 1 win, 2 draws and 1 loss, worth mentioning that the only victory they have is the match struggled with a 2-1 win over Barnsley, the team closest to the relegation group last season. The last victory is also the victory over the opponent who knocked them out of the League Cup before in a 0-2 loss at home.
- The recent home performance of the Riverside Stadium team is quite good when the last 4 matches this season they only lost 1, drew 1 and won 2, but they were 2 wins against opponents that were not appreciated.
- Reading is a team that has encountered many difficulties in the last season only scoring 56 points after 15 wins, 11 draws and 20 losses. However, they are impressive in this year’s tournament when they have won all four rounds, scored a total of 7 goals and only received 1 goal.
- Even more impressive is that in the last two matches, coach Paunovic and his students have in turn overcame powerful opponents like Cardiff City on the away field, or most recently defeated the team that has just been relegated from the Premier League, Watford with a score of 1-0 in the reception of this opponent. However, the joy of this team is not really complete when they stopped in the League Cup arena when they lost to Luton Town.
One of the advantages of Middlesbrough in this competition is that they can play at home and in the last 7 encounters with this opponent, they have won against the opponent. This time, in which the last time was a 2-1 away win in the second leg last season. However, it is in the past that Reading now has a much better performance and achievements than them, which will definitely help them get excited on this trip. Therefore, the Middlesbrough vs Reading prediction believes that a victory for the away team is entirely possible.
Middlesbrough vs Reading prediction: Middlesbrough 1 – 2 Reading (H1: 0 – 1)
- Middlesbrough: Marcus Bettinelli, Dael Fry, Anfernee Dijksteel, Patrick McNair, Jonathan Howson, George Saville, Sam Morsy, Marc Joel Bola, Chuba Akpom, Marcus Tavernier, Britt Assombalonga
- Reading: Rafael Cabral Barbosa, Liam Moore, Michael Morrison, Omar Richards, Thomas Holmes, Andy Rinomhota, Michael Olise, Josh Laurent, Meite Yakou, Sone Aluko, George Puscas