Morecambe vs Newcastle United is a confrontation that will take place at 6:45 pm on September 23. This is a match in the 3rd round of the EFL Cup – British League Cup. Morecambe vs Newcastle United prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the standard team for yourself.
- Match date: 6:45 pm on Wednesday 23rd September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 3rd Round
- Location: Globe Arena
MORECAMBE VS NEWCASTLE UNITED PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Morecambe is expected to have a very difficult fight against a representative who is playing at the highest tournament in the land of fog. Currently, they are just a team that is playing in League Two and only got 3 points after 1 draw and 1 loss, in which they just lost badly with a strong score of 0-5 to Cambridge United in the previous round right on the yard.
- In this arena, the home team Globe Arena has had a struggling victory over a team also playing in League Two this season, Oldham Athletic AFC with a score of 2-1 in the previous round. Thus, this season they have a total of 3 home matches, in which they only won 1 and lost 2.
- Newcastle players are extremely comfortable in this competition as they are being appreciated in all aspects. In the Premier League this season, they had a dream start when they had all three points against West Ham United in their first match away from home, even a convincing win with a score of 2-0.
- In addition, in this arena in the previous round, Newcastle United won against a highly rated opponent in Championship, Blackburn Rovers with the score 1-0. The recent away record of this team is also very good when winning 4, drawing 1 and losing 2 in the last 7 matches, 1 in 2 defeats is against Liverpool.
MORECAMBE VS NEWCASTLE UNITED PREDICTION TIPS:
- Having all three points in the first match in the Premier League will help Newcastle players to be very confident in this confrontation, while Morecambe is under considerable pressure and criticism. When in the previous round in League Two they lost 0-5. In addition, the past record is also completely supporting Newcastle when the only encounter they won 2-0. So a clearly victory for Newcastle is entirely possible.
- Morecambe vs Newcastle United prediction: Newcastle United -1.1/2
- Morecambe’s defense played extremely badly in the last 0-5 defeat against an opponent in League Two, so it is likely that things will get worse when this opponent is playing at the highest tournament in the land of fog. In addition, Newcastle also has an effective performance line when they have just 2 goals against West Ham United. Therefore, it is likely that this will be a one-way match and having many goals is very likely.
- Select: Over 2.3/4
Morecambe vs Newcastle United prediction:
- Morecambe vs Newcastle United: 1 – 3 (H1: 0 – 2)
- Obviously defeating a Premier League rival West Ham United and Championship side Blackburn of Newcastle is much more appreciated than Morecambe’s 0-5 defeat to a team. The ball in League Two is Cambridge United. In addition, the belief for Newcastle United is strengthened when this team has won 5 of 7 recent away matches. So, the above bet is a wise decision.
- Select: Newcastle United FT
- Morecambe: Jake Turner, Harry Davis, Stephen Hendrie, Kelvin Mellor, Aaron Wildig, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Adam Phillips, Toumani Diagouraga, Ben Pringle, Carlos Mendes Gomes, Liam McAlinden
- Newcastle United: Mark Gillespie, Emil Krafth, Ciaran Clark, DeAndre Yedlin, Javier Manquillo, Dan Barlaser, Sean Longstaff, Matt Ritchie, Miguel Almirón, Ryan Fraser, Joelinton