Orlando City vs Columbus Crew prediction – Round 17 of the American Major tournament, Orlando City will play at the home field and welcome the Columbus Crew visitors.
- Match date: 11:30 pm on Sunday 11th October 2020
- Event: MLS
- Stage: Matchday 17
- Location: Exploria Stadium
- 10/08/2020 – Atlanta United 0 – 0 Orlando City (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/04/2020 – Orlando City 3 – 1 New York Red Bulls (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/28/2020 – FC Dallas 0 – 0 Orlando City (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/08/2020 – Columbus Crew 1 – 2 Montreal Impact (H1: 1 – 1)
- 10/04/2020 – FC Dallas 2 – 2 Columbus Crew (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/28/2020 – Toronto FC 3 – 1 Columbus Crew (H1: 0 – 1)
- 07/14/2019 – Orlando City 1 – 0 Columbus Crew (H1: 0 – 0)
- 06/30/2019 – Columbus Crew 0 – 2 Orlando City (H1: 0 – 1)
- 10/22/2018 – Orlando City 2 – 1 Columbus Crew (H1: 0 – 0)
STANDING / MLS
ORLANDO CITY VS COLUMBUS CREW PREDICTION & TIPS
- 10 consecutive rounds have passed, Orlando City players are still maintaining their very stable form when they are unbeaten for all 10 matches, including 6 wins and 4 draws. Among them, arguably the best matches include a 2-1 win at Sporting Kansas City and a 3-1 victory over New York City FC, both opponents are doing very well right now.
- In addition, Orlando City, along with Philadelphia Union, are two teams that have not lost a home match yet when they have 6 wins and 3 draws, in which they won all last 3 matches and scored 2 or more goals in all 3 matches.
- Columbus Crew has had a long time at the top of the chart, but their recent slump has brought them down to 4th place with 30 points after 8 wins, 6 draws and 2 losses. That decline is shown by the fact that they have lost 2, drew 1 in the last 3 matches, even just lost at home with a score of 1-2 against Montreal Impact, the team is 10 points below them now.
- In addition, the away record of coach Caleb Porter and his students is a poor time when 8 matches have passed, they only won 2, drew 4 and lost 2, in which the last 5 matches they only knew to draw and lose. One of the reasons that Columbus Crew’s recent performance has declined is that the defenders have received more than 1 goal in their last 3 matches.
The current performance of both teams is not too different when only 1 point fewer than each other, but it can be seen that the advantage for Orlando City is very clear when their recent performance is much better than this opponent. Obviously with a team that is unbeaten the last 5 home matches with 4 wins and 1 draw is appreciated more than the team that the last 5 away games only knew about draws and losses.
Moreover, in the last 2 meetings, the victory belonged to Orlando City. Therefore, the Orlando City vs Columbus Crew prediction thinks that the possibility of a blank of Columbus Crew is inevitable in this trip.
Orlando City vs Columbus Crew prediction: Orlando City 2 – 1 Columbus Crew (H1: 1 – 0)
- Orlando City: Brian Rowe, Rodrigo Schlegel, Robin Jansson, Kyle Smith, Kamal Miller, Junior Urso, Joey Dezart, Ocimar de Almeida Junior, Benji Michel, Francisco Wellington Barbosa de Lisboa, Andres Perea, Daryl Dike
- Columbus Crew: Andrew Tarbell, Josh Williams, Jonathan Mensah, Milton Valenzuela, Harrison Afful, Youness Mokhtar, Pedro Miguel Martins Santos, Aidan Morris, Luis Mario Diaz Espinoza, Artur, Gyasi Zardes