The match review to the football San Jose Earthquakes vs Portland Timbers prediction in MLS about the competing teams’ current performances and their current matches, the detailed stats of the qualities, upcoming match H2H matches, goal stats, table standings ranking, and possible match results. The San Jose Earthquakes vs Portland Timbers prediction should all be considered to put down an effective wager on this match.
- Match date: Thursday 27th August 2020
- Event: MLS
- Stage: Matchday 6th
- Location: Earthquakes Stadium
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES PREVIOUS MATCHES:
- 08/02/2020 – San Jose Earthquakes 1 – 4 Minnesota United FC (H1: 0 – 2)
- 07/28/2020 – San Jose Earthquakes 5 – 2 Real Salt Lake (H1: 1 – 1)
- 07/20/2020 – Chicago Fire 0 – 2 San Jose Earthquakes (H1: 0 – 0)
PORTLAND TIMBERS PREVIOUS MATCHES:
- 08/12/2020 – Orlando City 1 – 2 Portland Timbers (H1: 1 – 1)
- 08/06/2020 – Philadelphia Union 1 – 2 Portland Timbers (H1: 0 – 1)
- 08/02/2020 – New York City FC 1 – 3 Portland Timbers (H1: 1 – 1)
- 10/07/2019 – Portland Timbers 3 – 1 San Jose Earthquakes (H1: 1 – 1)
- 04/07/2019 – San Jose Earthquakes 3 – 0 Portland Timbers (H1: 3 – 0)
- 07/08/2018 – Portland Timbers 2 – 1 San Jose Earthquakes (H1: 1 – 0)
STANDING / MLS
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES VS PORTLAND TIMBERS PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON & TIPS
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
- After 3 jubilant wins, in the last match, the San Jose Earthquakes players could no longer maintain their form when they lost a strong 1-4 against Minnesota United FC at home, the team also did not have a good record at this time when they only got 11 points after 6 matches.
- It is worth mentioning that in this defeat, coach Matias Jesus Almeyda’s army is the team that controls 64%, but the number of opportunities they create is less than 1/3 compared to the opponent. In addition, this team’s home field performance is very bad when the last 6 games they won only 1, drew 1 and lost 4, of which only the last 4 matches the defense received 13 goals.
- Portland Timbers has an extremely impressive and stable performance over the past time when he was unbeaten in 8 recent consecutive matches, even won 7, drew 1, in which all won the last 4 matches. The only draw in the last 8 matches was against Los Angeles FC, the team is also unbeaten this season with 2 wins and 3 draws. In addition, the recent away record of coach Giovanni Savarese and his students are also excellent when he is also unbeaten in the last 5 consecutive matches with 4 wins and 1 draw.
- The strength of this team is coming from an extremely stable attack line when all 5 recent away matches they have scored 2 or more goals in each match, while the defense did not once keep a clean sheet.
It can be seen that the recent performance of San Jose Earthquakes is much less stable than their opponent in this match, especially at home matches. In addition, the head-to-head record is fully supporting Portland Timbers players when they have won 4/5 times recently, even the last time it was a victory with a 3-goal difference.
In addition, in the last round, the 1-4 loss to Minnesota United FC of the home team was said to be much worse than Portland Timbers won on Orlando City’s field. Therefore, the San Jose Earthquakes vs Portland Timbers prediction believes that the victory will belong to the visitors.
San Jose Earthquakes vs Portland Timbers prediction: San Jose Earthquakes 1 – 2 Portland Timbers (H1: 0 – 2)
- San Jose Earthquakes: Mario Daniel Vega, Oswaldo Alanis Pantoja, Guram Kashia, Nick Lima, Tommy Thompson, Judson Silva Tavares, Valeri Qazaishvili, Jackson Yueill, Cristian Espinoza, Magnus Eriksson, Andres Lorenzo Rios
- Portland Timbers: Steve Clark, Larrys Mabiala, Dario Zuparic, Chris Duvall, Jorge Villafana, Eryk Williamson, Marvin Antonio Loria Leiton, Diego Ferney Chara Zamora, Sebastian Hussain Blanco, Diego Valeri, Jeremy Ebobisse