Southampton vs Brentford is a confrontation that will take place at 6:45 pm on September 16. This is a match in the round of 1/32 of the British League Cup – EFL Cup. Southampton vs Brentford prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the best team for yourself.
- Match date: 6:30 pm on Wednesday 16th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 2nd Round
- Location: London Stadium
SOUTHAMPTON VS BRENTFORD PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- In the Premier League last season, there was a time Southampton played down and fell very close to the relegation group, but they showed a completely different face in the second leg and finished 11th in the final. Entering this year, the army of coach Ralph Hasenhuttl has failed, even though it only has to be a guest against a weaker opponent, Crystal Palace in the opening match of the Premier League.
- Last season’s impressive performance helped Brentford reach the top 3 most powerful teams in the tournament with a ticket to the promotion play-off semi-finals. They beat Swansea with a total score of 3-2 in the fourth round, but they failed to beat Fulham in the final with a score of 1-2. That must still have a lot of influence on psychology when coach Thomas Frank and his students lost in the first round of the Championship this season against Birmingham.
Southampton reached the round of eighth round of the English League Cup last season and only suffered defeat against defending champions Manchester City at Etihad. On the rest of the field, Brentford only had to welcome the team playing in League Two, Cambridge United in the round of 1/64, but they suddenly fell at home with the score 1-2.
SOUTHAMPTON VS BRENTFORD PREDICTION TIPS:
- The performance of both teams at this time is not good when they just have to lose in the opening match of this season, so playing at home will be a huge advantage for Southampton. St Mary’s home team is having an unbeaten record in the last 3 receptions, and Brentford has lost in 4 trips as the last guest. So the home team will be a reasonable choice.
- Southampton vs Brentford prediction: Southampton -3/4
- There are at least 3 goals created in the last 2 matches between the two teams, which shows that the two sides are gradually playing openly every time they meet. The recent defeat is also the driving force for Southampton and Brentford to set the highest determination in this rematch, so Over will be the optimal choice.
- Select: Over 2.1/2
Southampton vs Brentford prediction:
- Southampton vs Brentford: 3 – 1
- Southampton is also the team that dominated more clearly in previous encounters, namely, the army of coach Ralph Hasenhuttl won 3, drew 4 and lost 1 in 8 encounters with Brentford in the past. One more reason for the home team to be more appreciated in this match is that they are playing in England’s No. 1 tournament.
- Select: Southampton FT
- Southampton: Alex McCarthy, Janick Vestergaard, Jack Stephens, Ryan Bertrand, Kyle Walker-Peters, Oriol Romeu Vidal, James Ward Prowse, Nathan Redmond, Danny Ings, Stuart Armstrong, Che Adams.
- Brentford: Luke Daniels, Ethan Pinnock, Rico Henry, Pontus Jansson, Henrik Dalsgaard, Mathias Jensen, Josh Dasilva, Christian Nörgaard, Sergi Canós, Bryan Mbeumo, Ivan Toney.