The match review to the football Stade Rennais vs Montpellier prediction in Ligue 1 about the competing teams’ current performances and their current matches, the detailed stats of the qualities, upcoming match H2H matches, goal stats, table standings ranking, and possible match results. The Stade Rennais vs Montpellier prediction should all be considered to put down an effective wager on this match.
- Match date: 15:00 pm on Saturday 29th August 2020
- Event: Ligue 1
- Location: Roazhon Park
HEAD TO HEAD
STADE RENNAIS VS MONTPELLIER PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Having to march to Lille’s Stade Pierre-Mauroy in the opening match of the new season, Stade Rennais was at a small disadvantage when defender Sacha Boey received a red card in the 35th minute and conceded a goal from the first half. The determination helped the students of coach Julien Stephan to equalize in the 74th minute and then leave with 1 point in hand.
- Montpellier is the team that ranked 8th in the last season with 40 points after 28 matches. They also have a relatively careful preparation for the new season with 5 friendly matches, but the results are not really good when coach Michel Der Zakarian’s team only won 1 victory, 2 draws and 2 defeats.
With not kicking the opening match, it is impossible to appreciate the true strength of Montpellier at the moment, but difficulties await them when they have to march to the field of 1 Stade Rennais playing very stable in recent years. With the determination shown during the recent guest trip, Stade Rennais’ goal will certainly be a victory.
STADE RENNAIS VS MONTPELLIER PREDICTION TIPS:
- It’s no exaggeration that Roazhon Park is the mentally strong support of Stade Rennais at the moment, the proof is a series of 5 unbeaten matches with 4 wins and 1 draw here. Away competition is not Montpellier’s strong point when they have only won 1/5 of the last march. So, with ½ table handicap, the home team is still the option that should be selected.
- Stade Rennais vs Montpellier prediction: Stade Rennais -1/2
- Although only scored exactly 1 goal in the first round, but that was when Stade Rennais had to play away and clashed with extremely annoying opponent Lille. The face in their last 5 home matches is completely different with 13 goals and only 3 times to concede. Meanwhile, conceding 12 times in 5 trips as a guest will make it difficult for Montpellier’s defense to withstand this confrontation.
- Select: Over 2.1/4
Stade Rennais vs Montpellier prediction:
- Stade Rennais vs Montpellier: 3 – 1 (H1: 2 – 0)
- The last march to Roazhon Park was seen as a disaster for Montpellier, they had to lose 0-5 completely before the overwhelming strength from Stade Rennais. Not to mention, the team led by coach Michel Der Zakarian also did not get any victory in the last 4 seasons against Stade Rennais. Therefore, trust should not be placed on the guests in this match.
- Select: Stade Rennais FT
- Stade Rennais: Mendy, Aguerd, Da Silva, Gelin, Maouassa, N’Zonzi, Bourigeaud, Martin, Terrier, Rafinha, Niang.
- Montpellier: Rulli, Congre, Mendes, Hilton, Savanier, Ristic, Vargas, Le Tallec, Delort, Mollet, Laborde.