Stoke City vs Gillingham is a confrontation that will take place at 6:00 pm on September 23. This is a match in the 3rd round of the EFL Cup – British League Cup. Stoke City vs Gillingham prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the standard team for yourself.
- Match date: 6:00 pm on Wednesday 23rd September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 3rd Round
- Location: Britannia Stadium
STOKE CITY VS GILLINGHAM PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Stoke City is getting off to a dream start this season when they have gone all three this season, including 2 matches in this arena and 1 match in the Championship. Specifically, in this arena, they beat Blackpool on the 11m mark after holding a 0-0 draw, then just beat a Premier League opponent Wolves with 1-0 in the previous round.
- In the Championship, the Bet365 team had a bad match when they held Millwall with a score of 0-0 on the away field, so remember this is a rival 12 points more than them after 46 rounds of matches last season. In addition, Stoke City’s form at the end of last season was very good when the last 4 rounds were unbeaten with 3 wins and 1 draw.
- Gillingham is a representative playing in the League this season and they are also having a good start to the season. Evidence that he played a total of 5 matches on all fronts, the result was 3 wins, 1 draw and only 1 loss, of which the only failure was in the opening match of League One after losing to Hull City, the team dropped from the Championship last season.
- Also in the League One arena in the second round, coach Steve Evans and his students also won against a relegated opponent in the Championship, Wigan Athletic, with a score of 3-2 on the away field. Thus, it can be seen that Gillingham’s recent opponents are not too strong, so this achievement is not really convincing.
STOKE CITY VS GILLINGHAM PREDICTION TIPS:
- Both of these teams are having a good start to the season this year on all fronts, but it is clear that Stoke City is being appreciated not only in the higher arena they are playing in the Championship but the opponents they have defeated have a better ability than Gillingham’s opponents. In addition, the confrontation history is also supporting Stoke City when in the last encounter they won 3-1, so the possibility of them continuing to win against this opponent is very high.
- Stoke City vs Gillingham prediction: Stoke City -3/4
- One of the most impressive progress in recent years and specifically this season is the defense, as evidenced by the fact that they have kept a clean sheet in all four recent consecutive matches on all fronts, including even keep a clean sheet against a very strong Premier League team, Wolves. The attackers are not appreciated when only 3 times of shooting in 6 consecutive matches recently. Therefore, the ability to be Over in this confrontation is unlikely to happen.
- Select: Under 2.1/2
Stoke City vs Gillingham prediction:
- Stoke City vs Gillingham: 2 – 0 (H1: 1 – 0)
- In the last game, defeating a team that once made trouble for the big guys at Stoke City’s top league, Wolves of Stoke City, was clearly appreciated compared to Gillingham’s beating a mid-sized team. Wigan Athletic relegated to the Championship with a struggling 3-2 score. Moreover, Stoke City has a very good home record in the past time when the last 4 official matches they won 3 and drew 1. Therefore, the above matchup is a wise decision.
- Select: Stoke City FT
- Stoke City: Adam Davies, Nathan Collins, Bruno Martins Indi, Harry Souttar, Tommy Smith, Tashan Oakley-Boothe, Jordan Thompson, Josh Tymon, Sam Vokes, James McClean, Lee Gregory
- Gillingham: Jack Bonham, Ryan Jackson, Christian Maghoma, Jack Tucker, Connor Ogilvie, Scott Robertson, Stuart O’Keefe, Matty Willock, Vadaine Oliver, Alex MacDonald, Jordan Graham