The match review to the football Sunderland vs Hull City prediction in EFL Cup about the competing teams’ current performances and their current matches, the detailed stats of the qualities, upcoming match H2H matches, goal stats, table standings ranking, and possible match results. The Sunderland vs Hull City prediction should all be considered to put down an effective wager on this match.
- Match date: 2:00 pm on Saturday 5th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 1st Round
- Location: Stadium of Light
HEAD TO HEAD
SUNDERLAND VS HULL CITY PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Sunderland is the team that played in League One last season and their performance is not too bad with 59 points after 16 wins, 11 draws and 9 losses, unfortunately they are only 1 point behind the promotion group Playoff. It is even more regrettable that at the end of the season, they played so badly when the last 4 rounds did not win any match with 2 draws and 2 losses, including 2 home matches and 2 away matches.
- The team’s recent home performance with the nickname The Black Cats is very good when it is unbeaten in the last 11 consecutive matches with 6 wins and 5 draws. In the past August, they also had 2 friendly matches against the lower-ranked teams and won.
- Last season, Hull City was a team that competed in the Championship arena and their record was extremely poor at the end of the season with a bottom position, which meant they dropped off to play in League One this season. One of the reasons that this team can not relegate successfully is that the performance at the end of the season is so bad when they lost all the last 6 matches, even the last 4 matches did not score a goal and received up to 13 goals lost.
- In addition, the away record of the KCOM home team is extremely bad when they have only had 2 draws and 8 losses in the recent 10 matches, in which they were empty-handed in the last 4 matches.
SUNDERLAND VS HULL CITY PREDICTION TIPS:
- Although the two teams have not had a clash for more than 2 years, their past head-to-head record fully supports the team with the nickname Black Cat when unbeaten against this opponent in the last 5 matches with 3 wins and 2 draws. In addition, having a good record in the League One arena last season is also an advantage over an opponent who cannot stay in the Championship with a poor performance at the end of the season. So Sunderland’s ability to win is very possible.
- Sunderland vs Hull City prediction: Sunderland -1/4
- Sunderland inherently played very effectively at home matches, especially when the last 6 games they all opened fire, of which 3 games scored from 2 goals or more. On the opposite side, the defense of Hull City is said to be a disaster when in the Championship last season they have received 87 goals and are also the most conceding team, worse than the last 8 away games they have never receive less than 2 goals lost. Therefore, the possibility of a match having more than 2 goals is very easy to happen.
- Select: Over 2.1/2
Sunderland vs Hull City prediction:
- Sunderland vs Hull City: 2 – 1 (2 – 0)
- With his good home record, Sunderland won in the last 3/5 matches, while the faith for Hull City will definitely not be high if you look at what they have at the end of the season. Recently, that has led to a loss in the last 6 consecutive matches, including 4 away matches. In addition, Black Cat has prepared for the new season with 2 recent friendlies and has won completely, while Hull City has not had a match since the last season ended so the feeling of play. Sunderland’s are being appreciated so the above matchup is the right choice.
- Select: Sunderland FT
- Sunderland: Jon McLaughlin, Tom Flanagan, Jordan Willis, Alim Öztürk, Luke O’Nien, Josh Scowen, Denver Hume, Max Power, Antoine Semenyo, Chris Maguire, Kyle Lafferty
- Hull City: George Long, Angus MacDonald, Ryan Tafazolli, Leonardo Da Silva Lopes, Callum Elder, Kevin Stewart, Mallik Wilks, Daniel Batty, James Scott, George Honeyman, Tom Eaves