The match review to the football Waasland Beveren vs Standard Liege prediction in Pro League about the competing teams’ current performances and their current matches, the detailed stats of the qualities, upcoming match H2H matches, goal stats, table standings ranking, and possible match results. The Waasland Beveren vs Standard Liege prediction should all be considered to put down an effective wager on this match.
- Match date: 5:00 pm on Monday 17th August 2020
- Event: Pro League
- Stage: Matchday 2nd
- Location: Freethiel Stadion
STANDING / PRO LEAGUE
WAASLAND BEVEREN VS STANDARD LIEGE PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Waasland Beveren got off to a good start by taking all 3 points on the trip as a guest in the opening round of Kortrijk’s field, even beating this opponent with a score of 3-1. This is also a victory that helps them relieve pressure as well as doubts about their strength when they lost 10 consecutive matches, including 3 friendly matches before the tournament and the last 7 rounds of the last season.
- Waasland Beveren’s record last season was extremely bad when they only got 20 points after 29 rounds (the season had only one more round but was delayed due to the global pandemic), which won only 5, drew 5 and lost the remaining 19 matches.
- Standard Liege has always been a team that is highly appreciated for their ability and their performance last season was not bad when they took 49 points after 14 wins, 7 draws and 8 losses, thereby ranking in the 5th place in the standings, the position that helps them get a chance to participate in the Europa League qualifying arena next season.
- In the first match of the army this season, coach Montaniel and his students also completed their tasks well by winning against Cercle Brugge at home with a score of 1-0. Before the tournament started, they also had a friendly match against quality opponents, in which they won both Ligue 1 representatives AS Monaco and Stade Reims.
WAASLAND BEVEREN VS STANDARD LIEGE PREDICTION TIPS:
- Although playing at home and having excitement after winning the match in the opening match, but in terms of strength, it is clear that Waasland Beveren is not a worthy opponent of Standard Liege. The evidence is that last season, the score gap between the two teams reached 29 points after 29 rounds. Also, the away team’s recent performance is a lot more stable. Therefore, a victory for coach Montaniel and his students is a task that they can completely do.
- Waasland Beveren vs Standard Liege prediction: Standard Liege -1
- Receiving up to 60 goals in 29 rounds last season showed Waasland Beveren’s weak strength and defense and they also never kept a clean sheet in the last 11 consecutive matches. Meanwhile, Standard Liege has never kept a clean sheet in the last 16 away games, even up to 10 games they have received from 2 or more goals, but the attackers are playing effectively with the last 8 consecutive matches. The last 5/7 meetings of these two teams had 3 or more goals.
- Select: Over 2.1/2
Waasland Beveren vs Standard Liege prediction:
- Waasland Beveren vs Standard Liege: 1 – 3 (H1: 1 – 1)
- In addition to possessing a record that completely outperformed the opponent last season, Standard Liege also received higher confidence when in the last 5 openings won 3, drew 1 and lost only 1, while That Waasland Beveren lost the match in the last 3/4 match. In addition, Waasland Beveren also owns a very bad home record when he lost all 3 recent matches and also lost in these 3 matches. Therefore, choosing the above bet is more basic.
- Select: Standard Liege to win FT
- Waasland Beveren: Lucas Pirard, Maximiliano Caufriez, Aleksandar Vukotic, Brendan Schoonbaert, Andrija Vukcevic, Jur Schryvers, Jenthe Mertens, Djihad Bizimana, Alessandro Albanese, Daan Heymans, Joseph Efford
- Standard Liege: Arnaud Bodart, Mërgim Vojvoda, Konstantinos Laifis, Mërgim Vojvoda, Nicolas Gavory, Selim Amallah, Eden Shamir, Eden Shamir, Maxime Lestienne, Nicolas Raskin, Felipe Avenatti