The match review to the football Walsall vs Sheffield Wednesday prediction in EFL Cup about the competing teams’ current performances and their current matches, the detailed stats of the qualities, upcoming match H2H matches, goal stats, table standings ranking, and possible match results. The Walsall vs Sheffield Wednesday prediction should all be considered to put down an effective wager on this match.
- Match date: 1:15 pm on Saturday 5th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 1st Round
- Location: Bescot Stadium
HEAD TO HEAD
WALSALL VS SHEFF WEDNESDAY PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- With the final 12th finish last season in League Two with 47 points after 36 matches, Walsall is still considered to have a successful season when they just promoted at the beginning of the season. However, the results in recent friendlies of coach Darrell Clarke and his students are not positive with 1 draw and 2 defeats after 3 matches.
- There was a period at the end of the season last year that was not so good that Sheffield Wednesday slumped and only finished 16th with 51 points in 46 rounds. The preparation for the new season of coach Garry Monk and his students is not too much when they only participate in exactly one friendly match, but the results are very good when they keep their very strong opponent Leicester City right on the away field.
Comparing level as well as strength, Walsall is certainly incomparable to Sheffield Wednesday, not to mention the guests who are still playing in the second-toughest league in England. Therefore, the Walsall vs Sheffield Wednesday prediction believes that it is not difficult for Sheffield Wednesday to win in the opening match of the new season.
WALSALL VS SHEFF WEDNESDAY PREDICTION TIPS:
- Although he had to play away, Sheffield Wednesday was still more appreciated than this opponent, which was clearly shown through the goal handicap offered. Experience when playing in a higher league is also a small advantage for visitors, so put your trust in the guests in this confrontation.
- Walsall vs Sheffield Wednesday prediction: Sheffield Wednesday -1/2
- Holding a head-to-head record is not good, but Walsall did not show that they were inferior to their opponents, their losses are mostly only the minimum difference. Along with being placed in the lower door in this match also helps the home team to play their best in this game, so Over will be a worthy choice to pay attention to.
- Select: Over 2.3/4
Walsall vs Sheffield Wednesday prediction:
- Walsall vs Sheffield Wednesday: 1 – 2
- Not too overwhelming before the opponent in previous encounters, but Sheffield Wednesday still showed the superiority with 4 wins. Walsall is more humble with 2 defeats and 2 teams draw the remaining 3 matches. The spirit of the team led by coach Garry Monk is very high after holding Leicester City not long ago, so they will be the safer choice in this match.
- Select: Sheffield Wednesday FT
- Walsall: Roberts, Scarr, Clarke, Pring, Norman, Guthrie, Holden, Sinclair, Lavery, McDonald, Gordon.
- Sheffield Wednesday: Wildsmith, Iorfa, Lees, Palmer, Harris, Shaw, Murphy, Lee, Bannan, Nuhiu, Wickham.