The match review to the football Western United vs Melbourne City prediction in A-League about the competing teams’ current performances and their current matches, the detailed stats of the qualities, upcoming match H2H matches, goal stats, table standings ranking, and possible match results. The Western United vs Melbourne City prediction should all be considered to put down an effective wager on this match.
- Match date: 9:30 am on Wednesday 19th August 2020
- Event: A-League
- Stage: Matchday 27th
- Location: Jubilee Stadium
HEAD TO HEAD
STANDING / A-LEAGUE
WESTERN UNITED VS MELBOURNE CITY PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Although the current performance of Western United players is not so outstanding when they only have 39 points after 12 wins, 3 draws and 10 losses, they are temporarily ranked 5th in the rankings but the recent performance of this team has been extremely impressive.
- The evidence is that they have won 2 consecutive matches recently, the most recent one is to defeat the defending champion and also the team that is leading the Sydney City standings with a score of 2-1 away from home, before also beating defeated another formidable opponent, the Perth Glory with a score of 2-0 on away field. Even more impressive is that in the last 7 rounds they won 6 and only lost 0-1 against Newcastle Jets on away field.
- Certainly, Melbourne City’s goal on this trip is nothing but to spend all 3 points, thereby narrowing the gap with the leading team Sydney FC to 6 points and continue to raise hopes of competing for the championship.
- However, their recent performance is quite bad when the last 3 rounds only won 1, drew 1 and lost 1, the most recent was being held by Adelaide United with a score of 2-2 at home. In addition, away field is not the forte of coach Erick Mombaets and his students in recent times when they only won 2, drew 1 and lost 4 in the last 7 matches, even only 17 points out of 39 points at this time.
WESTERN UNITED VS MELBOURNE CITY PREDICTION TIPS:
- The confidence for Melbourne City on this trip is valid when the last 2 clashes they both beat this opponent. However, at their last meeting at home, they only won with a score of 3-2 and this time they had to be a guest on the opponent’s field. In addition, looking at the recent performance of the two teams, it is clear that the away team is not appreciated against the home team, which is in a very stable form. Therefore, a draw will reflect the true strength as well as the performance of the two teams at this time.
- Western United vs Melbourne City prediction: Western United +1/4
- Both two recent meetings of the two teams are matches with more than 2 goals, even having up to 5 goals in the last encounter. Both are teams that possess a very effective attacking and playing style when possessing 45 and 46 goals respectively after 25 matches. In addition, Western United scored 2 or more goals in the last 3 matches, while the last 11/12 matches of Melbourne City are all matches with 3 or more goals. So, choosing Over is reasonable.
- Select: Over 2.3/4
Western United vs Melbourne City prediction:
- Western United vs Melbourne City: 1 – 1 (HT)
- Western United vs Melbourne City: 2 – 2 (FT)
- Losing 2-3 away from home in the first leg and currently playing at home and in good form, a good result is something that the home team can completely do against opponents who are not at all stable in performance over the past time. In addition, the belief for Western United is very convincing when it won the last 6/7 matches, while Melbourne City lost the match in the last 3/5 matches. Therefore, the underdog is considered a more reliable choice.
- Select: Draw FT
- Western United: Filip Kurto, Andrew Durante, Tomoki Imai, Tomislav Uskok, Connor Pain, Sebastian Pasquali, Joshua Risdon, Steven Lustica, Max Burgess, Alessandro Diamanti, Besart Berisha
- Melbourne City: Tom Glover, Harrison Andrew Delbridge, Rostyn Griffiths, Scott Jamieson, Nathaniel Atkinson, Joshua Brillante, Adrian Nicolas Luna Retamar, Conor Metcalfe, Jamie MacLaren, Lachlan Wales, Markel Susaeta Laskurain